Member ONLY Access
Events – General
Calendar – Events
Meeting – Register
Employment – Place.
Scholarship – Educ
Law Enforce. Liaison
Privacy Policies & Conditions
ASIS CLEVELAND does NOT collect identifiable information on its visitors, while we do track visitors for administrative and informational purposes of our website using various methods.
- We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. We do track the number of visitors to our website.
- ASIS CLEVELAND contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices nor the content of those websites. We are not responsible for any viruses or any other possible adverse affect that may be claimed to have occurred as a result of visiting those websites. We provide a link to sites we deem applicable to security, but visitors following those links do so on their own responsibility and by their choice. We disclaim responsibility for the acts of others.
- ASIS CLEVELAND maintains an opt-in, email mailing list for its members use called the “MemberList”. We use this feature that is located on our server, and only the list administrator has access to addresses. These are kept strictly confidential.
- We have a Members ONLY website for member only access. Members register and set and use their own passwords. This is an opt-in registration. All information is kept strictly confidential.
Privacy: The Bottom Line
The information we collect is not used in any way, shape, manner, or form for marketing or sales purposes. The information is not sold to any third parties whatsoever for any reason. The information we obtain is kept in accordance with state, federal, and local laws.
Privacy: Members and Membership Lists
Lists of members are not sold nor shared with third parties for marketing or other purposes. ASIS International also proscribes that members are not to use any membership directories or lists of members for the purpose of commercial marketing of products or services to other members; this is prohibited.
Privacy Statements, continued
We value your privacy much as we value our own. In an age where identity theft has increased, we consider privacy important enough of an issue to have a policy and state it publicly.
We know that “security” is a relative matter. We take precautions and use reasonable methods in providing for the security of information and to safeguard it. We are responsible for the actions that we take. Similarly, we believe that persons who steal or commit other crimes are responsible for their actions and, therefore, we must reasonably disclaim responsibility for certain actions of others regardless of having solid methods in place.
Main Policy Statement
Information provided to us by any method, in print, by mail, or in electronic or any other form, will NOT be sold, distributed, shared, or provided to any third party for any reason or under any circumstance, unless exceptions to this are boldly and clearly noted and agreed upon with a client, customer, or visitor for a specific purpose. Contact information, names, addresses, email addresses, etc., are used only to communicate with persons providing this information, or to ship items or materials that have been purchased. Information in our possession remains in our possession, and does not leave our organization.
Some Safeguards of Information & Privacy
As a matter of security itself, we will not divulge our specific methods in certain areas. However, here are some indicators of the actions and safeguards to protect privacy, information, and assets, which we have in place:
- All employees or persons closely associated with our operations are trained in security matters, policies, and procedures to safeguard customer and client information.
- Methods have been put into place to especially guard information, even on the physical level of record protection.
- Limits are placed upon such persons by providing levels of access to certain information.
- We do not sell customer information to anyone at any time for any reason, not for marketing or any other type of purpose.
- We take reasonable and customary security technology measures on our computers and websites to safeguard access and information, within limits or to certain levels.
- We evaluate our security measures on an ongoing basis, and make serious efforts to improve these as is feasible and reasonable and cost effective.
Specific Website Legal Disclaimer & Privacy Policies
No Representation or Warranties Offered
We make no representations or warranties or of any kind concerning the accuracy or suitability of the information contained on our website(s) for any purpose. All such information is provided “as is” and with specific disclaimer of any warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose, title and/or non-infringement. We make no warranties or representations of any kind that the services provided by this website will be uninterrupted, error-free, or that the website or the server that hosts the website are free from viruses or other forms of harmful computer code. In no event or circumstance shall we, our employees or agents, be liable for any direct, indirect, or consequential damages resulting from the use of this website(s) or construed to result therefrom. This exclusion and limitation only applies to the extent permitted by law and is without prejudice to any express provisions to the contrary in any written license or subscription agreement from us, in respect of the use of any online service provided via this website(s).
Links, Hyperlinks, References
Links or hyperlinks or references or access to other websites that appear on the website(s) and that may be operated or controlled by other individuals, organizations, or corporations, are provided in good faith and for information or service purposes only. We, and our employees or agents, disclaim any responsibility for the materials contained in any website linked to this site or to responsibility for anything that might occur or result from anyone deciding of their own volition to visit such websites.
All materials on this website are copyrighted to us, or other third parties as may or may not be indicated, and are reproduced with permission from the respective copyright owners. All rights to materials on the website are reserved. Logos, photos, written copy, or images are included in these rights. Website materials may be viewed or retrieved or downloaded solely for personal or individual use. No materials may be copied, modified, published, broadcast, or distributed without the prior written permission of us and/or respective copyright owners.
We are committed to protecting your privacy online. On some parts of the site we ask you to register or provide information to allow you to purchase products or services, and if you do we ask for your name, e-mail address, geographical address, and other personal information. We use the information to communicate effectively with you or to deliver services or products, to help us understand more about how our website is used and what is of interest to clients and prospective clients, and to improve our website or our services. Again, we do not sell your personal information to others.
A number of other websites have links on our site. If you link to their sites, they may collect information. Such sites are not within our control and are not covered by this privacy statement, nor do we represent that we have any responsibility for anything that occurs or may occur on those websites regarding their collection of information or its subsequent use.
If you have any questions or comments about our efforts to protect your privacy please send an email to us or telephone us and ask to speak with a corporate officer. Thank you.