Member ONLY Access
Events – General
Calendar – Events
Meeting – Register
Employment – Place.
Scholarship – Educ
Law Enforce. Liaison
About ASIS – ASIS International (and the ASIS CLEVELAND Chapter – info. to be added)
ASIS International was formerly the American Society for Industrial Security, evolving to become international in scope.
The Faces of Security Today
ASIS International, with more than 34,000 members, is the preeminent international organization for professionals responsible for security, including managers and directors of security. In addition, corporate executives and other management personnel, as well as consultants, architects, attorneys, and federal, state, and local law enforcement, are becoming involved with ASIS to better understand the constant changes in security issues and solutions.
ASIS is dedicated to increasing the effectiveness and productivity of security practices by developing educational programs and materials that address broad security concerns, such as the ASIS Annual Seminar and Exhibits, as well as specific security topics. By providing members and the security community with access to a full range of programs and services, and by publishing the only monthly magazine focused strictly on the issues and concerns of security, Security Management, ASIS leads the way for advanced and improved security performance.
See a video about the ASIS name change (QuickTime Movie or Windows Media) and ASIS pronunciation (QuickTime Movie or Windows Media). (Note: These are large files and may take some time to download.)
History Of ASIS
ASIS International (ASIS) is the preeminent international organization for security professionals, with 33,000 members worldwide. Founded in 1955, ASIS advocates the role and value of the security management profession to business, the media, governmental entities, and the public.
Facts about ASIS:
- Founded: 1955
- Members: approx. 34,000
- Chapters: 210 chapters worldwide
- Volunteer Councils: 31
- Board of Directors: 16 members
- President: Daniel H. Kropp, CPP
- Executive Director: Michael J. Stack
- Headquarters Staff: 78 full-time staff
Your Professional Edge (video about ASIS in Windows Media or QuickTime Movie format). (Note: These are large files and may take some time to download. A loan copy is available to members.)
ASIS Foundation : Incorporated in 1966. Funds and manages endowments for a wide range of academic, strategic, and professional development activities, and sponsors security industry reports and research.
ASIS International Annual Seminar and Exhibits: The world’s most comprehensive educational and networking event in the security industry.
- More than 150 educational sessions
- 1,960 booth spaces occupied by 725 companies
- Pre-registered attendees from countries throughout the world
- Attendance of more than 17,000 security experts from private industry and government
Membership benefits include:
- Award-winning monthly magazine, Security Management
- Networking with security practitioners throughout the world
- More than 30 quality educational programs and conferences annually
- Volunteer leadership and professional development opportunities
- Access to world-class security resources (Information Resources Center, ASIS Annual Buyers’ Guide, Bookstore, ASIS Web site, and through other members)
- Member savings on educational programs, review courses, preparation materials, and publications.